Anglia Ruskin Boat Club is open to any student of Anglia Ruskin University. If you wish to join, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost?
- One semester costs £50. Two terms £100. In addition, you’ll need rowing-specific clothing and a membership of the SU gym. We offer a 6 week induction course to cater for novices who are thinking of joining the club.
- Do you enter competitions?
- Yes, we are competitive club. Our first crews rowers compete in high profile races such as; Head of the River, Henley Royal Regatta. Our novices enter competitions on the river Cam against all of the Cambridge college boat clubs.
- Do I need to have any experience?
- It helps, but every year we train people from scratch so don’t let this stop you.
- Do I need to be sporty?
- Preferably, however we help you to get into shape.
- Do I need to be tall?
- If you wish to row, size is an advantage. If you wish to cox, being small and light is an advantage.
- When do you train?
- We adjust training to your timetables. However, we expect training in early mornings.
- What kind of training to you do?
- Training is on-water rowing, indoor rowing, cardio, and weights.
- This sounds like an incredible amount of work. Is this really required?
- Yes, we are competitive club and we expect our members to be prepared for races. Selection is made on three criteria; Technical ability, fitness and commitment.